- Card and Billiard room
- DVD Player
- Gardener and Pool service
- Satellite TV
- Washing Machine
- Wifi Internet
Castello di Volognano, is a magnificent Florence Medieval Castle in the Florentine hills above the Arno river, twenty minutes east of Florence. The castle is set on 200 hectares of land and ecompasses the hole town of Volognano as well as some of the best vineyards and olive groves in Tuscany! Originally constructed in the 11th century, this six bedroom castle has been lavishly restored to its original brilliance and offers luxurious accommodations for up to twelve people. Volangano has been splendidly furnished with beautiful and comfortable Tuscan antiques. The castle has one of the most unique and stunning swimming pools we have ever seen flowing from the indoor limonaia (lemon house) to the outside Roman gardens. Castello di Volognano is the perfect location for family holidays, gatherings of friends and small weddings!
Castello Volagnano produces first class red and white wines under its own label, and one of the treats of staying at the castle is its basement cantina where wine tastings are conducted. Recently the villa produced over 5,000 bottles of delicious Chianti Colli Fiorentini.
GROUND FLOOR – comprises a living room, dining room, kitchen, half bathroom and a lounge featuring an antique stone olive press.
FIRST FLOOR – there is a spacious bedroom with a king size bed and its own en suite bath. There are two twin bedded rooms which share a bathroom and shower with massaging water jets. Each of the bedrooms offer spectacular views over the vineyards and valleys below.
SECOND FLOOR – is a magnificent suite with a king bedroom, and two additional twin bedded rooms with an additional bathroom.
THIRD FLOOR – is a large den with a world class snooker table, a television and games table. Adjoined to the castle is an ancient picturesque and consecrated church, where couples can be married
There is an outstanding swimming pool which starts in the old Limonaia and goes out into the gardens. The castle is situated at the top of the hill and its vineyards stretch all the way down to the Arno river below. The castle’s winery is in the back of the villa on the ground flood, and there is a very nice tasting area, and one can also take a whole tour of the facilities!
- Pontassieve – 2 Kilometers
- Florence – 15 Kilometers
- Chianti – 30 Kilometers
- Arezzo – 57 Kilometers
- Siena – 80 Kilometers
- Lucca – 115 Kilometers
- Pisa Airport – 137 Kilometers
- Rome Airport – 265 Kilometers
2020 Rental Price
- High Season – May 11th/August 31st – 8,570 Euros per week
- Low Season – March 30th/May 11th & Sept 1st/Oct 31st – 6,800 Euros per week
This property can be rented also for less than 1 week, 3 days minimum required
Pool open from May 4th to Sept 24th
INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL PRICE
- Accommodation for 12 people
NOT INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL PRICE
- Continental Breakfast – 15 euros per day
- 2 Additional beds for a max of 14 people – 35 euro per person per day
- Possibility to add 2 baby cots at no extra cost
- Heating – Gas consumption – 100 euro per day
- Security Deposit – 100 euros per day
- Tourist tax – 1 Euro per adult per day to be paid locally
- Tuscan Cooking Lessons included lunch or dinner – 180 euro per person
- Wine Tasting – from 15 euros per person
- Guided Tours to Florence
- Guided Tours to Siena
- Car Rental
- Wedding Coordinator and Planning Service