- Air Conditioned
- Computer Facilities
- Daily Cleaning Service
- DVD Player
- Full Staff
- Gardener and Pool service
- Satellite TV
- Washing Machine
- Wifi Internet
Once the official residence of Leopold II, the Grand Duke of Tuscany, the Sea View Castle Leopold is located near the Tuscany coast south of Lucca. This historic castle is in the fertile wine lover’s paradise that produces widely acclaimed Super Tuscan wines such as Sassicaia and Ornellaia. It has been renovated and transformed into a super luxurious, staffed fourteen bedroom property with air conditioning that can easily accommodate 28 people. The castle can be rented either as a nine bedroom villa or as a fourteen bedroom villa.
With furnishings worthy of a five star luxury hotel the castle is a perfect location for weddings! Located only ten minutes from the beach, Tuscan Sea View Castle is furnished with 16th Century Tuscan antiques it offers distant sea views out to Elba Island, Napoleon’s place of exile. The castle is surrounded by olive groves and within walking distance to a famous thermal hot spring spa.
The owners of Castello Leopold are very hospitable and they and the villa staff take pride in the services they offer. Anything to make your vacation better can be arranged including providing catering services including breakfast, lunches and dinners, laundry, extra housekeeping and even day trips and excursions are options available. Also pets are welcome at the castle.
To see if Castello Leopold is available in the dates you are interested in please fill the form on the page!
GROUND FLOOR: One enters the Castle through a very wide entrance hall with museum quality oil paintings. On the left l is a small sitting room/office, with an antique wooden desk, bookcase, and a cable internet access (ADSL). At the end of the entrance hall, on the left, is another sitting room with a fireplace connecting to a lavishly furnished living room with two very comfortable lounges covered in a rich damask fabric, satellite TV & DVD. On the right side of the entrance hall is a ceramic tiled and well lit formal dining room, where guests can enjoy their buffet breakfast, along with lunch and/or dinner. At the end of the dining room you can access to a more intimate dining connecting to the house’s kitchen.
FIRST FLOOR: two staircases lead to the first floor. The staircase on the right side of the entrance hall leads to the stunning Grand Duke’s bedroom suite This suite looks out upon both the front and rear gardens . This cardinal red painted suite is furnished with antiques including a 17th century bed, book case and grand piano. Adjacent to this suite are two more suites. The first overlooks the southern gardens and the second faces the northern gardens.
The entrance hall’s left staircase leads to the mezzanine level, featuring a double bedroom, a junior suite, a second lovely suite with a very large terrace, two double bedrooms and an additional suite. Another staircase leads to the attic featuring a small suite with a stunning view of the surrounding countryside. This suite has beautiful exposed wood beams. The last bedroom located in the castle’s Medieval tower and is ideal for capturing the imagination of both children and adults!
Upon entering the rear garden of the Castello, via the double glass doors at the end of the entrance hall, is a well kept rose garden and lawn. There are comfortable outdoor lounges – an ideal place to have pre-dinner drinks on warm summer evenings. To the right is a patio with chairs, tables and canvas umbrellas where one can dine al fresco.
At the end of garden is the large gated swimming pool. The pool overlooks, and is shaded by verdant olive groves and pine trees, and is open from May to the end of September. There is also a Jacuzzi and a nice workout area with a few fitness machines. There is a small pool house with changing rooms and a bathroom.
- Castagneto Carducci – Bolgheri and its vineyards 25 km
- Beach clubs 10 km
- Populonia and the Etruscan Tombs 10 km
- Pelagone Golf Club 25 km
- Punta Ala 20 km
- Massa Marittima – art and Wine Itineraries 30 km
- Volterra – Alabaster, “Balze” and museums 50 km
- San Gimignano and its towers 75 km
- Siena – Piazza del Campo – Chianti 95 km
- Lucca 120 km
- Florence 160 km
- Rome 250 km
Major International Airports
- Pisa 100 km
- Florence 160 km
- Rome 220 km
- Grosseto (only for private flights) 60 km
2021 Rental Price
9 Bedrooms Rental
- LOW SEASON – 3 nights minimum stay – Jan 16th – April 24th & October 30th – Dec 18th: 1090 euros/day
- MID SEASON – 5 nights minimum stay – April 24th – May 29th & Sept 25th – October 30th: 1350 euros/day
- HIGH SEASON – 7 nights minimum stay – May 29th – June 26th & August 28th – Sept 25th: 1728 euros/day
- PEAK SEASON – 7 nights minimum stay – Jun 26th – August 28th: 2313 euros/day
14 Bedrooms Rental
- LOW SEASON – 3 nights minimum stay – Jan 16th – April 24th & October 30th – Dec 18th: 1530 euros/day
- MID SEASON – 5 nights minimum stay – April 24th – May 29th & Sept 25th – October 30th: 1890 euros/day
- HIGH SEASON – 7 nights minimum stay – May 29th – June 26th & August 28th – Sept 25th:2419 euros/day
- PEAK SEASON – 7 nights minimum stay – Jun 26th – August 28th: 3238 euros/day
INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL PRICE:
- Welcome drinks at clients arrival
- Daily Maid Service of the bedrooms and lounges 5 days a week (kitchen cleaning is excluded)
- Courtesy Kit in each bathroom
- Access to platform rock beach shared with another villa
- Pool & Garden maintenance – pool from May 29th to Oct 31st 2021
- Linen change of Saturday and Wednesday
- Internet wireless connection
- Daily concierge available for clients extra services and booking
NOT INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL PRICE:
- Chef for Breakfast and Meals Service – 15 euros for breakfast – 30 euros light lunch – 45 euros dinner
- Laundry or ironing service
- Additional bed and linen towels
- Kitchen & dishes cleaning – 25 euros an hour
- Utilities – 600 euros a week
- Final cleaning & Sanitation – 500 euros
- Damage Deposit to be paid at balance – 2500 euros
- Tourism tax – 1,5 euro per person
In High Season Castello Leopold rents exclusively on a weekly basis Saturday to Saturday in high season and peak season. In low season and mid season 3 days minimum stay and 5 days minimum stay are also possible with free check in and free check out day. Please contact us for a quote and availability!
- Wine Tasting Tours
- Tuscan Cooking Lessons
- Boat trips
- Guided Tours to Florence & Siena
- Golf nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Horseback Riding nearby
- Car Rental
- Limousine & Chauffeur Service
- Wedding Coordinating and Planning Services