- Air Conditioned
- Central Music System
- Daily Cleaning Service
- DVD Player
- Gardener and Pool service
- Hair dryers in every bedroom
- Satellite TV
- Washing Machine
- Wifi Internet
Villa Torre il Santo is one of the luxury villas in Chianti and is newly renovated with eight air-conditioned modern luxury rooms located overlooking the UNESCO world heritage site, San Gimigniano.
Originally built in 1,000 A.D., this spectacular villa was meticulously restored in 2013 using its original stones and beams to create a bright and luminous home with architecturally clean lines and all the modern conveniences. This 500 square meter villa features huge floor to ceiling windows which provide picture-postcard views over the rolling hills of Chianti and all the amenities one would expect in a luxury home.
The bedrooms are large and well furnished, each with its own en-suite bathroom. The kitchen is positively huge and features lots of uncluttered counter space and a huge island to make preparing meals a communal affair – unless you would prefer us to provide you with a gourmet chef who will be glad to combine your feast with a Tuscan cooking lesson!
The villa’s charming owners put a tremendous emphasis on hospitality and offer a welcome dinner as well as two hours complimentary maid service included in the price.
Torre di Santo is perfect for family vacations, groups of friends traveling together – and with its beautiful gardens is a fabulous place for weddings of up to 60 people.
Torre il Santo History
For those history buffs, Torre il Santo has a rich and fascinating history. In the latter part of the early Middle Ages, on the hills between Certaldo and Barberino Val d’Elsa (Chianti) stood the Semifonte Castle, with its watchtower now known as Villa il Santo. Due to its strategic position and to its broad-minded politics, the Semifonte Castle became a refuge for all kinds of drifters, refugees, and exiles, to the point that it became an evil city, disliked by its powerful neighbors Florence and Siena.
This situation of city-refuge consequently led to a population explosion, and by 1200, Semifonte was almost the same size as Florence. whereupon, Florence requested Semifonte to limit its growth and to submit its power. The city’s reply was a sign attached to the city gate, facing the direction of Florence, on which was written: “Florentia, get out of the way because Semifonte is becoming a city.”
Florence sent two ambassadors to Semifonte but they were killed and for several days their bodies were left hanging at the city gates. In retaliation, accompanied by several mercenaries from Siena, Florence sent its armies with the explicit order to destroy everything.
The city was reduced to a pile of rubble and the entire population was massacred and buried in common graves. A law prohibited any kind of construction on the Semifonte territory for five centuries, after which time, the Lorena Family, a new noble family from Florence, had a miniature copy of the Florence Cathedral, the San Donnino church, built where the cursed ancient city used to lie, and the “new” tower is the oldest part of Torre il Santo.
Today the villa has been transformed from a place of contention and war to a place of great serenity and peace! Torre il Santo is one of the finest modern luxury villas in all of Chianti!
To see if Torre il Santo is available on the dates you are interested in please click here – Availability Torre Il Santo
- Main floor: Two large living rooms with glorious arched windows providing a spectacular view over the valley; one twin bedroom (or join as queen) with en-suite bathroom; and a separate powder room
- First floor: One bedroom (queen size bed) with fireplace and a large double shower bathroom; One twin bedroom (or join as queen) with en suite shower bathroom, and one-bedroom (queen size bed) with en-suite bathroom and adjoining living room (perfect for reading) with large fireplace
- Second floor: A master bedroom with queen size bed, separate dressing room, and large bathroom with a lavish bathtub and separate walk-in shower
- Main floor: Gourmet kitchen with all facilities (Two ovens, one microwave oven, double fridge, wine fridge, 8 burner induction stove, double sinks, commercial dishwasher; dining room which seats 16-18, laundry room and powder room
- First floor: Two bedrooms (queen size beds) each with en suite bathroom
- Studio with double bed, bathroom with shower, and combined kitchen/living room
There is a beautiful infinity swimming pool with a separate Jacuzzi overlooking the stunningly beautiful Chianti countryside. Surrounded by vineyards which change colors with the seasons, you view the silhouetted towers of the San Gimignano skyline on the horizon, guarantee complete relaxation under the Tuscan sun.
There is a gorgeous garden of roses and a large yard where children can play.
2020 Villa Torre il Santo Prices
- High Season (June, July, August, September) – 15,900 Euros per week
- Medium Season (April, May & October) – 13,500 Euros per week
- Low Season (January, February March, November & December) 9,500 Euros per week
- Dec 20th – Jan 6th 2021 – 11000 Euros per week
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
Price includes welcome dinner, 2 hours daily maid service (except on Sunday) and use of the owner’s tennis court located ten minutes from the villa.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL PRICE
- Heating per usage (as per meter reading) to be paid at departure
- Tourist tax of 1.50 Euros per person per night
- Wedding Planning Fee to host a wedding at the villa
- Damage deposit to be reimbursed at departure – 1500 euros
- Car Rental
- Cook Service – 20 euros per person for breakfast, starting from 35 euros for dinners – minimum 8 people