- Air Conditioned
- Card and Billiard room
- Central Music System
- Computer Facilities
- Daily Cleaning Service
- DVD Player
- English Speaking Concierge
- Full Staff
- Gardener and Pool service
- Hair dryers in every bedroom
- Music Room with Piano and Fireplace
- Office with telephone, fax, internet access and Computer facilities
- Pool Table
- Satellite TV with dual capacity video
- Security/Surveillance system
- Sun Lounge/Reading Room
- Washer and Dryer
- Wifi Internet
- Wine library with private collection of Tuscan/Italian wines
- Workout Room with Cardiovascular and weight equipment
Probably our favourite luxury villa in Lucca, Borgo Bernardini is an ultra luxurious hideaway for international celebrities and those seeking the finest the world has to offer. This splendid 12 bedroom air conditioned villa was built originally as a hunting lodge for the Tuscan elite. Today Borgo Bernardini is an enchanting and beautifully restored historic luxury villa for rent within the estate of the late Count Cosmini Bernardini. The villa has a sense of majesty, the public rooms are lavishly yet comfortably furnished, the bedrooms are large, regal and impeccably designed. As one of our guests recently commented “having the opportunity to stay at Borgo Bernardini is like being offered a trial period in heaven!” To put it in personal terms – the owners of TuscanDream have selected Borgo Bernardini for their luxury villa in Lucca several times – and are looking forward to returning…. the villa is just that marvelous!
Hidden away in the Lucchese hills just ten minutes from the walled city of Lucca, the estate features spectacular landscaping with its cypress, magnolia and weeping willow trees, lillied lakes and fountains. Borgo Bernardini’s rooms are large, lush and impeccably decorated.
Guests at Borgo Bernardini have arrived in Paradise – and there are so many things to experience near the villa that it’s hard to pack everything you will want to do into just one week’s stay! Besides private cooking lessons at your villa conducted by top Tuscan chefs, we offer wine tasting both at the villa or at the awesome Enoteca Vanni located on the Piaza san Salvatore in Lucca. In addition to the treasure trove of art residing in Lucca’s 100 churches and splendid museums, there is the Puccini opera festival with an opera every evening. Although the operas rotate amongst five different locations, we particularly recommend experiencing the power of a performance at the San Giovanni Basilique, one of the most beautiful churches in all of the world. The Lucca Summer Festival features major performers; the Rolling Stones, the Eagles, Elton John, Eric Clapton, Lenny Kravitz and Robbie Williams have headlined the festival in recent years. Florence’s world famous museums, the Uffizi and l’Accademia are only an hour from the villa. No stay in Lucca is complete without an excursion to Cinque Terre, the picturesque UNESCO world heritage site, which can be reached by train, car or private yacht and the Leaning Tower of Pisa is only a 25 minute drive from the villa. Sportsmen will love the area with four major golf courses fairly nearby – the Tirrenia Golf club in Pisa, Versilia on the coast, Montecatini Golf Club set in rolling olive groves, the stunning Pavoniere in Prato as well as the course at Poggio dei Medici close to Florence. The villa’s guests can enjoy tennis at seven different nearby private courts. There are a plethora of bike trails past historical sights and vineyards ranging from leisurely to challenging. Horseback riding is close to the villa – and lessons for all levels are available. The seaside town of Forte dei Marmi is only a short 25 minute drive and Tuscandream can get you a your private beachside cabana at a prime resort such as Twiga. La Cecca is a famous trattoria only two minutes walk from the villa, and there are other close by gems including the magnificent Cucina dello Scompiglio, and the popular La Bimbotta is a delightful informal place to have a night of pizza and pasta which are a two minute drive from the villa. We also would like to mention the fabulous seafood restaurant, Skipper is seven minutes from the villa and our personal “hole in the wall” favourite pizza parlor “Ceylon Pizza” which is only moments away by car. There are several supermarkets nearby – the best of which is Esselunga a short, five minute drive from Borgo Bernardini.
Borgo Bernardini is a Tuscan retreat of great charm available for exclusive long and short term rentals. The estate also serves as the host to both four and six day Tuscan cooking classes. With luxury guest accommodations in a splendid location, Borgo Bernardini is the perfect place for weddings, family reunions, executive retreats and special gatherings of family and friends.
GROUND FLOOR; Fully equipped kitchen, formal dining room, drawing room with fireplace and satellite TV with dual capacity video, office with telephone, fax, internet access and computer facilities, central music system and security/surveillance system. Music room with piano, fireplace, card and billiard room, wine library with a private collection of Tuscan/Italian wines. Workout room with cardiovascular and weight equipment, sun lounge/reading room, four ground floor bathrooms, service area and laundry room, staff accommodations.
FIRST FLOOR (Second floor for Americans) 14 guestrooms (4 of which can either be king or twin bedded rooms) each with superb en suite bath and shower facilities (5 with jacuzzis), individually temperature controlled (heating and air-conditioning), linked to a central music system, and equipped with telephone, hairdryers, bathrobes and pool towels. There is also one bedroom with a single bed – which is perfect for a nanny. The property is made up of the following sections:
LA CHIESINA – The original stone chapel of the Bernardini estate now accommodates three warm, sunny and luxurious bedrooms overlooking the swimming pool to one side and a courtyard filled with terracotta pots and lemon trees to the other. The rooms are situated above the sun lounges and TV room and have en suite baths.
MERCURIO – A warm, zesty and spacious, queen bedded room with two large armchairs and writing desk. Large en suite bathroom with Jacuzzi bath and separate box shower.
MELOGRANO – A small but cozy citrus lime painted double bedded room with doors opening out to a view across the Italian gardens. En suite bathroom.
MAGNOLIA – A gentle yellow and raspberry red painted medium sized king or twin bedded room with double doors leading out onto a small sun terrace. En suite bathroom.
FERRO – The oldest part of the property, once a wild boar hunting lodge, with walls dating back to the year 1,000 and where the original olive press formerly was housed. There are five central luxurious bedrooms in a horseshoe arrangement all with original beamed ceilings, terracotta floors and overlooking our little Italian piazza. These guestrooms are situated above the music room, card and billiard room and wine library.
VENERE – A spacious and cool Wedgewood blue painted queen bedded room encircled with windows and comprising lounge area with sofa and chair, writing desk and a beautifully frescoed en suite bathroom with Jacuzzi bath.
TRIFOGLIO – A gentle gold and red cloverleaf painted king or twin bedded room with doors opening out and overlooking a courtyard area filled with terracotta pots and lemon trees. En suite bathroom. CAMELIA – An intimate olive green painted queen bedded room with frescoed en suite bathroom.
CIPRESSO – A charming, vibrant green and red painted queen bedded room with frescoed en suite bathroom.
BACCO – A regal peach and gold painted queen bedded room with sofa, writing desk and views across the 17th century fountains towards Lucca. En suite bathroom with Jacuzzi bath.
PESCHIERA – Four delightful and elegant guestrooms integrated around the original 17th century fountains, overlooking the splendid Italian park and above the grand dining room and the formal drawing room.
DIANA – A large, soothing emerald green painted king or twin bedded room with writing desk and armchairs. Luminous en suite bathroom with Jacuzzi bath and splendid gold features.
GIGLIO – A spirited and lively strawberry red and gold painted queen bedded room with frescoed en suite bathroom.
NINFEA – A fresh and reflective deep blue painted king or twin room with trellised frescos and an en suite bathroom.
APOLLO – A seductive midnight blue and gold painted queen bedded room with sofa and writing desk. Bright en suite bathroom with Jacuzzi bath.
Borgo Bernardini has a floodlit salt water swimming pool and an ornamental peschiera overlooked by spectacular 17th century fountains. There is a genuine Italian piazza furnished with wrought iron outdoor tables and chairs for al fresco dining.
The villa features magnificent sculptured gardens reminiscent of Versailles. The roses, and bougainvillea provide beautiful colors and scents, and every blade of grass is seemingly individually manicured.
• Lucca – 6 Kilometers
• Pisa – 19 Kilometers
• Forte de Marmi (seashore) – 25 Kilometers
• Florence – 70 Kilometers
• Cinque Terre – 83 Kilometers
• San Gimignano – 126 Kilometers
• Siena – 141 Kilometers Milan – 279 Kilometers
• Rome Airport (Fumicino) – 380 Kilometers
2023 Rental Price
Includes daily chef service for dinner and breakfast, maid service six days a week in the mornings, concierge on call, and welcome grocery shopping)
- High Season (June, July, August, September, Christmas & Easter) – 29,500 Euros per week
- Mid Season (April, May, October) – 26,100 Euros per week
- Low Season (all other months) – 23.200 Euros per week
Borgo Bernardini rents exclusively on a weekly basis from Saturday to Saturday
INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL COST:
- Daily cook service for breakfast and lunch or dinner except Wednesdays – food and beverage costs : 12 Euros per person per breakfast and meals will be divided in: Standard Menu: 40 euros per person composed by: starter, main course, dessert, coffee, unlimited water and soft drinks + 1 bottler of wine every 4 people. The menu can either be fish or meat. Special Menu: 55 euros per person composed by: starter, first course, second course, dessert, coffee unlimited water and soft drinks + 1 bottler of wine every 4 people. The menu can either be fish or meat.
- Daily Maid Service in the morning 6 days a week (Sunday off)
- English Speaking Concierge
- Pool attendant
- Porter service for check-in and check out
- Access to the tennis court, football and volley fields
- Linen change of Saturday and Wednesday
- Internet wireless connection 30 MB in every room
- Additional chef, maid and staff service
- Grocery shopping
- Extra beds and cribs
- Chauffeur Service
- Car Rental
- Wine cellar and wine tastings – we have a well stocked private wine cellar at Villa Controni. A professional sommelier can be brought to create a custom wine tasting program for your group
- Tuscan Cooking School – Lunchtime or evening cooking lessons with our professional chefs can be booked at Villa Controni
- Laundry: We are pleased to offer personal laundry service as well as make arrangements for any dry cleaning requirements
- Baby Sitting Service
- Private guides for tours of Lucca, Cinque Terre, Florence and Siena
- Complete Luxury Travel Agent Services
- Wedding Planning Service
- Corporate Events Coordinator
- Massage and aesthetic treatment – Professional masseuses can be brought to the villa as required. We can also arrange treatments at tne nearby spas in Montecatini, Monsummano Terme, San Giuliano and Tirrenia.