- Air Conditioned
- Central Music System
- Daily Cleaning Service
- DVD Player
- English Speaking Concierge
- Full Staff
- Gardener and Pool service
- Hair dryers in every bedroom
- Satellite TV with dual capacity video
- Security/Surveillance system
- Washer and Dryer
- Wifi Internet
Perhaps the finest four bedroom villa in Lucca, Casa il Frantoio is a vibrant immaculately restored air conditioned villa which is guaranteed to delight its guests! Originally built as the building where olives were processed, we rate the stellar Casa il Frantoio so highly, that the owners of TuscanDream have booked it for their own upscale family holiday in Tuscany and were not disappointed!
What makes Casa il Frantoio so special in our opinion is that the villa feels so comfortable, like a familiar lived-in home, while being at the same time elegant and impeccably furnished, perfect villa for a Family Holiday in Tuscany!
Each of the four large bedrooms have beautiful views and generous en suite bathrooms. The kitchen is brilliantly set up so that you can entertain while you prepare your meals – or gather to watch and learn from an accomplished chef (which the villa’s lovely owners will provide for you!) as he prepares a feast for your delight!
Guests at Casa Frantoio have arrived in Paradise – and there are so many things to experience near the villa that it’s hard to pack everything you will want to do into just one week’s stay! Besides private cooking lessons at your villa conducted by top Tuscan chefs, we offer wine tasting both at the villa or at the awesome Enoteca Vanni located on the Piazza san Salvatore in Lucca. In addition to the treasure trove of art residing in Lucca’s 100 churches and splendid museums, there is the Puccini opera festival with an opera every evening. Although the operas rotate amongst five different locations, we particularly recommend experiencing the power of a performance at the San Giovanni Basilique, one of the most beautiful churches in all of the world. The Lucca Summer Festival features major performers; the Eagles, Elton John, Eric Clapton, Lenny Kravitz and Robbie Williams have headlined the festival in recent years . Florence’s world famous museums, the Uffizi and l’Accademia are only an hour from the villa. No stay in Lucca is complete without an excursion to Cinque Terre, the picturesque UNESCO world heritage site, which can be reached by train, car or private yacht and the Leaning Tower of Pisa is only a 25 minute drive from the villa. Sportsmen will love the area with four major golf courses fairly nearby – the Tirrenia Golf club in Pisa, Versilia on the coast, Montecatini Golf Club set in rolling olive groves, the stunning Pavoniere in Prato as well as the course at Poggio dei Medici close to Florence. The villa’s guests can enjoy tennis at seven different nearby private courts. There are a plethora of bike trails past historical sights and vineyards ranging from leisurely to challenging. Horseback riding is close to the villa – and lessons for all levels are available. The seaside town of Forte dei Marmi is only a short 25 minute drive and Tuscandream can get you a your private beachside cabana at a prime resort such as Twiga. Several fabulous restaurants are within walking distance including the magnificent Cucina dello Scompiglio, and the popular La Bimbotta is a delightful informal place to have a night of pizza and pasta. La Cecca is a famous trattoria only two minutes drive from the villa, and there are other close by gems including the fabulous seafood restaurant, Skipper and our personal “hole in the wall” favourite pizza parlor “Ceylon Pizza” which is only three minutes from the villa. There are several supermarkets nearby – the best of which is Esselunga a short, five minute drive from Casa Frantoio.
Located within walking distance of the small town of Vorno and just a few minutes drive from Lucca, Casa il Frantoio is perfect for a small family holiday or gathering of friends!
GROUND FLOOR – Entering through the front door into a foyer with a staircase leading to the first floor, to the right is the spacious fully equipped cook’s kitchen equipped with a wine cooler as well as all the top of the line modern appliances, which connects to the dining room. To the left is a large and comfortable living room, with a fireplace a study and large French doors which open out to the Italian Garden in front of the house and the swimming pool. Further to the left is a half bathroom and another staircase leading to the master bedroom.
FIRST FLOOR – Up the staircase closest to the kitchen, on the right is a large bedroom with a king sized bed and its own large en suite bathroom with both a shower and bathtub looking out to the swimming pool. Across the hall to the left are two large bedrooms each with king sized beds, and their own en suite bathrooms with showers and bathtubs. Served by the staircase to the left of the entrance is the spacious master bedroom with a king sized bed, en suite bathroom with both a shower and bathtub, which overlooks the beautiful swimming pool and Italian garden.
Casa il Frantoio has a gorgeous swimming pool, surrounded by wooden deck chairs and sun umbrellas. There is also an outdoor dining table and chairs which is perfect for al fresco dining – and just hanging out as you enjoy the views across the Vorno valley into the fabulous walled city of Lucca, just seven minutes away by car!
- Vorno – 500 meters
- Lucca – 8 Kilometers
- Forte de Marmi – 41 Kilometers
- Cinque Terre – 81 Kilometers
- Florence – 97 Kilometers
- Siena 149 Kilometers
- Rome – 363 Kilometers
2021-2022 Rental Prices
Includes daily maid service, chef service for daily breakfast and your choice of daily chef service for either lunch or dinner.
- High Season (June, July, August, September, Christmas & Easter) – 9,500 Euros per week
- Mid Season (April, May, October) – 8.500 Euros per week
- Low Season (all other months) – 7.500 Euros per week
INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL COST:
- Daily cook service for breakfast and lunch or dinner except Wednesdays – food and beverage costs : 12 Euros + VAT per person per breakfast and 40 Euros + VAT per person per meat menu, 45 Euros + VAT per person per fish menu.
- Daily Maid Service in the morning 6 days a week (Sunday off)
- English Speaking Concierge
- Pool attendant
- Porter service for check in and check out
- Access to tennis court, football and volley fields
- Linen change of Saturday and Wednesday
- Internet wireless connection 30 MB in every room
Casa il Frantoio rents exclusively on a weekly basis from Saturday to Saturday
- Additional chef, maid and staff service
- Grocery shopping
- Extra beds and cribs
- Chauffeur Service
- Car Rental
- Wine cellar and wine tastings – we have a well stocked private wine cellar at Villa Controni. A professional sommelier can be brought to create a custom wine tasting program for your group
- Tuscan Cooking School – Lunchtime or evening cooking lessons with our professional chefs can be booked at Villa Controni
- Laundry: We are pleased to offer personal laundry service as well as make arrangements for any dry cleaning requirements
- Baby Sitting Service
- Private guides for tours of Lucca, Cinque Terre, Florence and Siena
- Complete Luxury Travel Agent Services
- Wedding Planning Service
- Corporate Events Coordinator
- Massage and aesthetic treatment – Professional masseuses can be brought to the villa as required. We can also arrange treatments at tne nearby spas in Montecatini, Monsummano Terme, San Giuliano and Tirrenia.