- Air Conditioned
- Gardener and Pool service
- Satellite TV
- Washing Machine
- Wifi Internet
In the heart of Chianti Classico, nestled amongst the vineyards and olive groves of the Elsa and Pisa valleys is the Chianti private villa, the elegant Villa Castrum. Rich in history, and sleeping 10 people in five air conditioned bedrooms, Villa Castrum, is near Barberino Val D’Elsa and only a short drive from both Florence and Siena. There is an attached apartment, Palagetto, which can be rented with Villa Castrum which allows you to convert Villa Castrum into a seven bedroom villa.
Castrum’s owners have spared no expense in restoring this Lorenese villa to its original splendor by carefully selecting the highest antiques and fabrics and blending them in with all the modern conveniences including high speed DSL internet.
Villa Castrum is rich in history. Its original foundation was laid in 1037 as the noble’s residence within the Castle Cortine, and the site served as an important meeting point for merchants from Florence and Rome. But this all changed after the wars between Florence and its neighbors, with the result that in the middle of the 13th Century the castle was absorbed into the Florentine empire.
Villa Castrum is approximately three hundred square meters (approximately 2,700 square feet) and with its arches, vaulted ceilings and murals this gorgeous mansion makes a brilliant holiday for families and friends. Although the villa is incredibly private in every way, there is a bed and breakfast located on the same estate – so Villa Castrum makes a wonderful wedding location for groups of up to 40 people
On Villa Castrum’s ground floor there is a beautifully painted large salon, a large and well laid out gourmet kitchen, a dining room with a fireplace, television room, a double bedroom and two bathrooms. A side entrance takes you out to the large private swimming pool. On the first floor there are two double bedrooms with en suite bathrooms, two bedrooms with twin beds sharing an additional bathroom. There is also a balcony/terrace which extends across two of the bedrooms and offers panoramic views of the beautiful vineyards and olive groves below.
Villa Castrum’s grounds feature a large swimming pool, with a deck area, table chairs and barbeque as well as an ample garden which is perfect to hang out in and enjoy la dolce vita of Tuscany!
- San Donato – 2 Kilometers
- Poggibonsi – 8 Kilometers
- Florence – 31 Kilometers
- Siena – 36 Kilometers
- Arezzo – 97 Kilometers
- Lucca – 101 Kilometers
- Pisa – 127 Kilometers
- Rome – 303 Kilometers
Villa Castrum 5 bedrooms
- High Season (28 June – 22 August, Christmas & New Year’s) – 5,999 Euros per week
- Mid Season (12 April – 27 June & 23 August -17 October) – 4,300 Euros per week
- Low Season (all other times) 3,100 Euros per week
Villa Castrum & Palagetto – 7 bedrooms
- High Season – (28 June – 22 August, Christmas & New Year’s) – 7.200 Euros per week
- Mid Season (12 April – 27 June & 23 August – 17 October) – 5,300 Euros per week
- Low Season (all other times) – 3,800 Euros per week
Villa Castrum rents exclusively on a weekly basis from Saturday to Satuday
- Air conditioning billed per usage as meter reading
- Maid service
- Massuse and beautician on call
- Horseback riding – 1 Kilometer from Villa Castrum
- Wine tasting tours
- Tuscan cooking lessons
- Guided Tours of Florence and Siena
- Car Rental