Villa Controni – Ultra Luxury Villa Rental in Lucca
- Air Conditioned
- Card and Billiard room
- Central Music System
- Daily Cleaning Service
- DVD Player
- English Speaking Concierge
- Full Staff
- Gardener and Pool service
- Hair dryers in every bedroom
- Office with telephone, fax, internet access and Computer facilities
- Pool Table
- Satellite TV
- Satellite TV with dual capacity video
- Security/Surveillance system
- Tennis Court
- Washer and Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wifi Internet
- Wine Cellar
- Wine library with private collection of Tuscan/Italian wines
- Workout Room with Cardiovascular and weight equipment
This Ultra luxury Villa rental in Lucca is redefined by Villa Controni, a spectacular Renaissance era air-conditioned eleven bedroom villa located just a few minutes away from Lucca within walking distance of the charming town of Vorno. Freshly rejuvenated in 2019 with the addition of a new tennis court, the crown jewel of an outstanding estate, surrounded by high-terraced olive groves, cypress trees and 16th Century fountains this aristocratic and lavishly furnished mansion is a place of beauty and elegance. Having recently vacationed at this magnificent villa, the owners of TuscanDream can tell you from experience that Villa Controni is one of the most outstanding luxury vacation rental in Lucca and Italy – and that we wish we never had to leave. A vacation at Villa Controni is an awesome experience that we highly recommend.
Villa Controni has an interesting history. It lies on one of the primary battlefields, Monte Pisano, where the kingdoms of Lucca fought many wars from 1000 to 1400. The villa was built as the summer residence of the Controni family, noble merchants who in 1680 took over what now is the Palazzo Pfanner in the center of Lucca. In 1692 Carlo Controni invited Prince Frederic of Denmark and Norway as a guest while he was visiting Lucca during his Grand Tour of Italy – and a tradition was born – Villa Controni became and continues to this day as, the place of choice for visiting dignitaries and celebrities.
Restored to its original splendor by the fabulous Fanucchi family, Villa Controni is one of the finest mansions we at TuscanDream have ever had the pleasure to stay in! The common rooms are elegantly and beautifully furnished – but at the same time they are extremely comfortable – and the bedrooms are spacious and inviting.
Guests at Villa Controni have arrived in Paradise – and there are so many things to experience near the villa that it’s hard to pack everything you will want to do into just one week’s stay! Besides private cooking lessons at your villa conducted by top Tuscan chefs, we offer wine tasting both at the villa or at the awesome Enoteca Vanni located on the Piaza san Salvatore in Lucca. In addition to the treasure trove of art residing in Lucca’s 100 churches and splendid museums, there is the Puccini opera festival with an opera every evening. Although the operas rotate amongst five different locations, we particularly recommend experiencing the power of a performance at the San Giovanni Basilique, one of the most beautiful churches in all of the world. The Lucca Summer Festival features major performers; the Eagles, Elton John, Eric Clapton, Lenny Kravitz and Robbie Williams have headlined the festival in recent years. Florence’s world famous museums, the Uffizi and l’Accademia are only an hour from the villa. No stay in Lucca is complete without an excursion to Cinque Terre, the picturesque UNESCO world heritage site, which can be reached by train, car or private yacht and the Leaning Tower of Pisa is only a 25 minute drive from the villa. Sportsmen will love the area with four major golf courses fairly nearby – the Tirrenia Golf club in Pisa, Versilia on the coast, Montecatini Golf Club set in rolling olive groves, the stunning Pavoniere in Prato as well as the course at Poggio dei Medici close to Florence. The villa’s guests can enjoy tennis at seven different nearby private courts. There are a plethora of bike trails past historical sights and vineyards ranging from leisurely to challenging. Horseback riding is close to the villa – and lessons for all levels are available. The seaside town of Forte dei Marmi is only a short 25 minute drive and Tuscandream can get you your private beachside cabana at a prime resort such as Twiga. Several fabulous restaurants are within walking distance including the magnificent Cucina dello Scompiglio, and the popular La Bimbotta is a delightful informal place to have a night of pizza and pasta. La Cecca is a famous trattoria only two minutes drive from the villa, and there are other close by gems including the fabulous seafood restaurant, Skipper and our personal “hole in the wall” favourite pizza parlor “Ceylon Pizza” which is only three minutes from the villa. There are several supermarkets nearby – the best of which is Esselunga a short, five minute drive from Villa Controni.
Villa Controni is a truly magnificent and romantic villa and perfect for those who want the finest that life has to offer. The villa is perfect for weddings, family reunions and corporate executive meetings. TuscanDream is proud to represent Villa Controni – and we highly recommend Daniel an outstanding local chef to come and prepare you a gourmet meal at the villa!
11 BEDROOMS/13 BATHROOMS
GROUND FLOOR: Fully equipped state of the art professional cook’s kitchen, main entrance leading into an extraordinary formal dining room and a salon of comfortable sofas and armchairs with a brilliant fireplace. Television room with Satellite television and DVD. Guest study area with telephone, fax, broadband internet access, computer facilities and central music system, two ground floor bathrooms. There is a billiard room and a workout room with cardiovascular and weight equipment. Finally, there is a gorgeous Italian loggia facing the splendid rear garden.
FIRST FLOOR: There are six spacious bedrooms with king sized beds, each bedroom has its own large marble bathroom with both a shower and bathtub. One of these bedrooms is a suite, and has a large sitting room with a writing desk. There is a lovely living room/study impeccably furnished with Empire style furniture.
SECOND FLOOR: There are five bedrooms, each with a king bed and en suite bathroom. Two of these bedrooms are huge suites with frescoed walls and beamed ceilings.
CELLAR: Villa Controni has a brilliant wine cellar stocked with some of the best Lucchese and other Tuscan wines. It’s also a lovely place to have a meal!
Villa Controni has lush and splendid immaculately sculptured gardens and grounds offering gorgeous views over the Vorno Valley across to Lucca. There is a floodlit swimming pool by the limonaia which serves as a pool house, and there are outdoor tables and chairs which provide the perfect setting for al fresco dining! Also there are two beautiful, newly built tennis courts and a volleyball court as well!
- Vorno – 500 Meters
- Lucca – 8 Kilometers
- Forte de Marmi – 41 Kilometers
- Cinque Terre – 81 Kilometers
- Florence – 97 Kilometers
- Siena – 149 Kilometers
- Rome – 363 Kilometers
2023 Rental Price
Includes daily chef service for breakfast and one meal (lunch or dinner), maid service six days a week in the mornings, concierge on call, and welcome grocery shopping
- High Season (June, July, August, September, Christmas & Easter) – 28,000 Euros per week
- Mid Season (April, May, October) – 24.500 Euros per week
- Low Season (all other months) – 22,000 Euros per week
INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL COST:
- Daily cook service for breakfast and lunch or dinner except Wednesdays – food and beverage costs : 12 Euros per person per breakfast and meals will be divided in: Standard Menu: 40 euros per person composed by: starter, main course, dessert, coffee, unlimited water and soft drinks + 1 bottler of wine every 4 people. The menu can either be fish or meat. Special Menu: 55 euros per person composed by: starter, first course, second course, dessert, coffee unlimited water and soft drinks + 1 bottler of wine every 4 people. The menu can either be fish or meat.
- Daily Maid Service in the morning 6 days a week (Sunday off)
- English Speaking Concierge
- Pool attendant
- Porter service for check in and check out
- Access to tennis court, football and volley fields
- Linen change of Saturday and Wednesday
- Internet wireless connection 30 MB in every room
Villa Controni rents exclusively on a weekly basis from Saturday to Saturday
- Additional chef, maid and staff service
- Grocery shopping
- Extra beds and cribs
- Chauffeur Service
- Car Rental
- Wine cellar and wine tastings – we have a well stocked private wine cellar at Villa Controni. A professional sommelier can be brought to create a custom wine tasting program for your group
- Tuscan Cooking School – Lunchtime or evening cooking lessons with our professional chefs can be booked at Villa Controni
- Laundry: We are pleased to offer personal laundry service as well as make arrangements for any dry cleaning requirements
- Baby Sitting Service
- Private guides for tours of Lucca, Cinque Terre, Florence and Siena
- Complete Luxury Travel Agent Services
- Wedding Planning Service
- Corporate Events Coordinator
- Massage and aesthetic treatment – Professional masseuses can be brought to the villa as required. We can also arrange treatments at tne nearby spas in Montecatini, Monsummano Terme, San Giuliano and Tirrenia.